Six Tips for Caring for your Candle
Posted on October 28 2021
Ensuring your scented candles stay looking and smelling great, requires a little bit of care. Follow our expert advice to enjoy a superior scent experience and maintain their high quality for longer.
Our legendary candles are all lovingly hand poured in our own studio. A carefully balanced blend of waxes ensures that we can add a generous amount of our exclusive perfumes to the mix to offer you a more luxurious candle than many others on the market, for over 40 hours of fragrant burning time.
Our six tips for caring for your candle
- Burn your candle in a well-ventilated room and avoid exposure drafts. Never leave it burning unattended or within reach of small children or pets.
- It's important to always protect the surface on which the candle sits, it should be placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. Keep it away from anything flammable.
- Burn your candle for two - four hours, until the wax has melted in an even pool the whole way across; this will help your candle last for longer and also burn down evenly. Burning for less time can cause the candle to 'tunnel', and you'll be left with wasted wax up the sides of the jar.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling. After extinguishing the flame by carefully and softly blowing it off, or with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long (over four hours) can cause the wick to move off-center. If you see a flaming wick come close to the glass wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the glass from cracking.
- A wick that's too long can create high flames, or smoking. If you find the glass becomes sooty, try trimming between each burn to 1/2 cm (when the wax has set) to prevent this. In any case, the wick shouldn't be kept longer than 1cm.
- When your candle isn't in use, put it back in its box to protect the wax from dust, and store it in a cool dry place. Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so use your candle within a year after purchase to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.
SHOP CANDLES >
Originally published on 30/09/2020